I can speak from past experience that during my freshmen year there were some very important things I should have purchased. Everyone remembers the common things like new bedding, toiletries, and even new school clothes. Unfortunately for myself, there were some very useful items I looked over that would have made my freshmen year a lot easier. So here is a list of stuff you will need.
- Rain boots- it will rain a lot, and you do not want to sit through class with wet shoes.
- Rain coat- like I said before, it rains a lot on the Eastern shore!
- Umbrella – this will keep you and your backpack dry during the heavy rain.
- Snow boots – the snow will eventually come and when it does you want to be ready. Walking to class will be much easier with warm and dry feet.
- Winter jacket – the cold weather will be here before your know it. Trust me it gets very cold especially walking to class at 8:30a.m. in December.
- Hats, scarves, and gloves – these are a must to stay warm during the long winter.
- Water bottle- fill up at the dining hall so you do not have to drink water from the dorm sinks.
- Halloween costume – it’s never too early to start thinking of some awesome costume ideas!
Hopefully there are some essential items that you have overlooked and can now purchase before it’s too late. These items may seem insignificant but they really do come in handy and are great investments. As college students we are out in the elements a lot more than we were in high school. So if you prepare yourself then you will have a much more enjoyable fall semester.
Social Media Editor
Photo by Brooke Harig