Dorm room living can be tough and not having a full kitchen can be very hard to get used too. If you are lucky you may be in a dorm with a centralized kitchen that you can take advantage of. However, you still have to supply all the cooking utensils, like pots and pans, plus the ingredients for what every you are making. Sometimes you just want a special treat at 3AM or do not want to have to leave your room to have a delicious meal. Luckily there are some easy and tasty microwavable snack ideas that you can make in your dorm room microwave.
- Ramen Noodles – the most basic of all college microwavable meals. Spruce up your Ramen by adding additional seasoning. My favorite thing to add is Old Bay!
- Scrambled Eggs – all you need is a mug and some eggs! Crack and egg or two into a mug, scramble them, and put them in the microwave for 45 second then stir and microwave for an additional 45 seconds. Add spinach and cheese to give it some more taste!
- Chocolate Mug Cake – you need 1 egg, ¼ cup powdered sugar, and 1-2 Tbsp. of coco powder. Mix together and microwave for a minute. Add any toppings you want!
- Baked Sweet Potato – grab a good-looking sweet potato and poke it full of holes with a fork. Microwave it for 8 minutes or more until it is soft. Add brown sugar and marshmallows for delicious fall snack.
- Most Frozen Food – chicken nuggets from the store, hot pockets, TV dinners, tater tots, and potpies. If you can fit them in your freezer then there is most likely room for them in your stomach.
- Soup – the perfect snack to warm you up on a cold day. There are so many varieties to choose from!
Hopefully these fun and simple microwavable ideas will come in handy as the weather starts to get cold and you do not feel like leaving your cozy room for food!
Social Media Editor