The library is home to many students writing papers and doing group projects. It is a great place to come to focus and bust out a few hours of undisturbed work. I come here when a thesis deadline is approaching and to go anything else done I procrastinated doing. My favorite place to do work is in one of the many study carols on the third floor because they are private and help limit my distractions. But the one thing I can’t stand is how cold it is in the library! I sometimes bring a blanket just so I can stay warm. I’m always chilly in there even if I just came from being very warm, and I wear many layers but still can’t beat the cold. Why does it have to be so cold in there? I guess it helps to keep people awake and alert but sometimes I can’t take it.
So if you are always cold in the library, like me, here is some advice!
- Wear many layers so if you get hot or cold you can just take them off or put them on.
- Bring a blanket or large jacket to drape over your legs when you get cold.
- Get something warm to drink like tea or coffee to warm yourself up.
- Get up and move around to help your body warm up.
- Think warm thoughts, because let’s face it the library is always cold.
Social Media Editor
Photo by Brooke Harig