If you have not noticed, this past weekend’s weather has been lovely. This is a little unusual in the middle of Feburary when temperatures are normally around freezing. According to The Weather Channel, this upcoming week looks pretty mild too with temperatures between the 50’s and high 60’s. With such wonderful weather, you better make sure to make the most of it because it could all turn around before we know it. Maryland weather is notorious for being fickle, so don’t put away your winter jackets just yet. To make sure you don’t miss out on all the opportunities this weather provides here are some of my favorite things to do.
- Take a walk. Walk around town or over to get a smoothie at Tracy’s Smoothies. The warm weather is perfect for stretching your legs.
- Sit by the waterfront. Grab a coffee from Dunkin’ or Play it Again Sam’s and watch the ducks and geese swim in the Chester River.
- Sit outside on the Miller Library patio. There is nothing better than doing school work outside in the fresh air.
- Grab a blanket and lay on The Green. This is a great way to socialize and relax instead of being stuck in your dorm room all day.
- If you have one, sit on your porch or balcony. This may be easier for those who live off campus or at the Quad, but it never hurts to invite friends over so they all can enjoy the nice weather with you.
I hope everyone enjoys this nice weather and makes the most of it while they can!
Social Media Editor
Photo by Brooke Harig